It’s been one of *those* weeks, what with one thing and another – nothing earth-shaking, just an accumulation of petty annoyances and niggles that hit their I-must-deal-with-this zenith all at the same time.
Consequently, I’m a little late posting the finished version of my brickwork patchwork blocks, in their final trip-around-the-world form. I hope you’ll forgive me?
All blocks done and stitched together:
Now to remove the basting and papers … talk amongst yourselves – it’s rather tedious, if straightforward.
At this point, because it’s such a small block (30cm x 30cm) I could have left it unquilted, and just lined the cushion cover to hide away all the seams, but it really, really wanted quilting … just to add that little bit of plumpness and touchability to the overall.
I had enough of the dark red indian cotton for this, so I used that as the backing (right side out) and just ran a machine stitch around the outlines of the colour blocks, with a nice thick wedge of wadding in between ….
I had a lovely strip of dark orange satin ribbon for the binding …..
Envelope closing with a couple of buttons …..
And I made little beaded tassels for the corners. The tassels are just from some chenille yarn I had in the basket, and I wish I could remember where those gorgeous, iridescent orange beads came from … and that I had more of them! Sometimes it’s hard to part with my hoarde, even if it is perfect for the project in hand.
I am happy-happy with the result! And so is my customer … she was absolutely thrilled with it – yay!!